The Silent Revolution
the Cloud-based translation management systems
- A brief history of cloud-based translation memory technology
- What's so great about cloud-based translation management systems?
- No application to install
- Up-to-date translation software, every time!
- Translate on a Mac or mobile device?
- Easy collaboration
- Workflow, project management, and portal functions
- Low cost solution
- What's not to like?
- Requires constant Internet connection
- Privacy issues
- Control over linguistic assets
- Benefits outweigh drawbacks
If you are a translator or someone involved in translation, have you ever day-dreamed about a translation management system (TMS) that provides all its features without the headaches: a TMS that doesn't conflict with other applications; one that runs smoothly on any system including a Mac; a translation management system that you never have to update; and last but not least, one that doesn't cost you hundreds of dollars just to get started?
If this vaguely describes your vision, I've got news for you: This type of translation management system is a reality and has been for a number of years already.