CSOFT is looking for an experienced Localization Engineer to support and work on a wide range of stakeholders on projects in close cooperation with our translation and localization operations team based in Hanoi. We are looking for an individual based in Vietnam. It is preferential if you are based in Hanoi or this position could flexible be done remote-based, provided that you are available to work during China Standard time zone working hours. This is a full-time contractor position and will require the successful individual to work 8 hours a day, five days a week.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing files for localization, including file preparation and format conversion, etc.
- Design and write programs and scripts to improve localization process.
- Communicate with clients and vendors on technical aspects, provide assistance to solve issues about software internationalization and localization.
- Provide technical support to smooth whole projects; collaborate closely with overseas clients, vendors. and project managers on project execution and risk management.
- Document and maintain technical instructions, account tips and best practices etc.
- Perform quality assurance before every delivery both internal and external.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Localization or Computational Linguistics.
- Familiar with developing process of Windows applications.
- Extensive knowledge on computer science; quick learner and self-motivated.
- Strong English language skills (both oral and written).
- Detail-oriented, cooperative, and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work and manage multiple tasks.
- Can work independently through a remote working model.
- Willing to take initiatives and able to communicate effectively with internal/external resources.
- Adaptable to cross-cultural working environment.
- Experience in multi-national companies or dispersed production teams is a plus.
- The ability to read Simplified Chinese and speak mandarin is a plus.
- Contract length will be one year, to be renewed on an annual basis upon review (with a 30-day notice period).
- Position will be primarily based in Hanoi, Dong Da District.