We are seeking an English Writer/Editor who is willing to learn and can empower our client to achieve their global expansion goals.
Key job responsibilities:
- Editing user guides, marketing collateral, interface strings, etc. that have been translated from Chinese to English. Specifically, this involves ensuring clarity, native-like style, technical accuracy, standard grammar & mechanics, cultural appropriateness, and adherence to client-specific requirements.
- Referring to Chinese source materials to understand the intended meaning
- Discussing decisions about content with translators and other team members
- Evaluating document quality and providing widely applicable suggestions for improvement
- Contributing to team training meetings
Necessary skills & qualifications:
- Native English speaker familiar with US English standards (any nationality)
- 1 year of editing, writing, or translation experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some Chinese reading ability
- Strong independent research skills
- Logical and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to accept and incorporate critical feedback
- Some familiarity with Chinese work culture
Desirable skills & qualifications:
- Familiarity with enterprise IT (data management and protection, cloud services, etc.) or related fields
- A writing- or technology-heavy educational background
Any other information:
- The focus will be on enterprise IT, but other editing, content creation, and transcreation opportunities may also be available pending strong performance.
- This position involves receiving training and feedback from a senior editor who is preparing to be transferred to another client.
- Onsite work in Bantian, Shenzhen may be occasionally required.