CSOFT International is looking for native English speaker with strong editing skills to work with a team of translators and editors on technical and marketing materials for international audiences. Seeking a Junior Writer who is willing to learn and support on general request that we receive from clients. This position is an opportunity to better understand translation and content creation, exercise your Chinese reading skills, and get an inside look at the rapidly expanding Chinese technology sector.
Key job responsibilities:
- English editing and copywriting, primarily for Chinese telecom and consumer electronics companies. Specifically, this involves ensuring clarity, native-like style, technical accuracy, standard grammar & mechanics, cultural appropriateness, and adherence to client-specific requirements.
- Discussing decisions about content with clients and other team members
- Contributing to team training meetings
- Evaluating document quality and providing widely applicable suggestions for improvement
- Native English speaker familiar with US English standards (any nationality)
- Writing, editing, or translation experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong independent research skills
- Logical and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to accept and incorporate critical feedback
- Some familiarity with Chinese work culture
- Chinese reading ability, for referring to Chinese source documents and copywriting briefs
- A writing-heavy educational background
- Familiarity with documentation-related programs such as Madcap Flare
Any other information:
- Occasional onsite work in different areas of Shenzhen may be required.
- Although Chinese ability is not required, it is strongly preferred. Candidates without at least an intermediate level of Chinese will be considered only if they are otherwise outstanding.