Primarily focused on managing in-country linguistic resources around the world, broadening the resource base, satisfying the day-to-day resource needs of the company, while cooperating with others functional departments to complete localization projects and to address company’s overall goals.
Responsibilities of Resource Management
- Support project teams with quality linguistic resources as needed.
- Ensure outsourcing cost meets budget target.
- Support and work with internal project managing and productions teams to schedule and position resources and plan for future capacity needs.
- Ensure integrity of purchasing process.
- Interface with in-country linguistic resources around the world and be escalation point for problems.
- Produce reports of translation volumes by languages.
- Produce reports of translation services purchased, including Buy-Sell ratios.
Responsibilities of Resource Development/Contracts Management
- Find and qualify linguistic resources as needed.
- Develop contracts and strategic partnerships with resources, negotiating best possible prices.
- Monitor contracts; ensure volume commitments meet to key or 1st-Tier resources.
- Quarterly reviews with key resource partners.
- Forecast (proactive) to identify demand for specific languages.
- Broaden and grow the resource base for all services (translation, voice-over, technical writing, etc.).
- Serve as escalation point for problems.
- Work to grow resource base.
- Chinese native, with excellent English skills as a second language both oral and written.
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree. Overseas educational background is a plus.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email and Internet communications.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance practices, principles and methodologies.
- Resourceful, confident, proactive, and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus on multiple tasks.
- Must demonstrate initiative and follow through on issues and on development of team skills and vendor relationships.
- Comfortable working in a high-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to deal with challenges.
- Ability to multi-task and handle work-related pressure positively.
- 1-2 years experience in translation or localization industry is a plus.
CSOFT is the world’s leader in global communications, providing turnkey solutions for companies facing the challenges of engaging customers and markets across linguistic and cultural barriers. Our company was founded on the ideal of helping companies de-risk global operations and making translation spending a strategic investment. For more information, please visit us at www.csoftintl.com.