CSOFT is looking for native English linguists (LQA) who have experience in localization from Simplified Chinese into English.
The main role of LQA will be to serve as the main translator and linguistic reviewer and as gatekeeper for the quality of translations done by others. You will work with a team and under the supervision of a mentor to complete linguistic projects according to the requests of our clients. You will gain real work experience and learn to communicate with project managers, other employees and the client, to manage your workload and time, to use translation and testing tools (like CAT and QA tools), and more.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Actual translations from Chinese to English for IT/Telecommunications, Gaming, Technology and others types of content.
- Proofread/review of existing translations against the Chinese source.
- Other language owner-related tasks, such as updating glossary, communicating with the client if necessary, provide training to the translators.
Required Skills and Experience:
- English native speaker
- Fast and Efficient (not sacrificing quality for speed)
- Mature & Professional
- Hardworking & Dedicated
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Pro-active, Confident and Organized
- Resourceful (good at researching terminologies)
- Detail-Oriented / Eye for detail
- Good communication skills (English & Chinese)
- Has a passion for translations and linguistics
- Understanding of the most popular game genres in China, including MOBA games (League of Legends, Dota 2), RPGs (WoW), battle royale games (PUBG), and survival horrors
- Creative writing experience is preferred as translating games requires a high degree of imagination and style
- Able to localize games for a native-speaking audience using established gaming terminology
- Possess strong writing skills in the target language
- Possess a deep understanding of the culture/pop culture of your native country
- Familiar with the use of CAT tools including SDL Trados, MemoQ, etc. (preferred)
- Able to handle a large volume of work and meet sometimes tight deadlines
Preferred Skills/Experience (but not essential)
- Experience working in a Chinese company
- Be familiar with the gaming industry knowledge and passionate about playing games is preferred; or Technology industry experience
Work schedule and Additional Information
- Full-time, office based position (40 hours)
- Location: Shenzhen (Futian District)