The ideal candidate must be a native English speaker, comfortable with explaining complex scientific/technological concepts in simple language, and ready to take on deadline-driven projects. This position will require simultaneous work on different types of documentation for different products, so organization and versatility are a must.
-Proofreading legacy content for clarity and usability
-Developing and editing content for:
- User Guides
- Quick Start Guides
- Installation Manuals
- Maintenance Manuals
- Technical Specifications
- Instruction Manuals and other “How-to” documentation
-Market and product research
-Frequent communication with a diverse map of stakeholders (in Chinese and English)
-Information design, focusing on intuitive structure for a variety of different formats
-Support proposal development and other client-facing documentation
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication or relevant experience
- Native English speaker, with a strong grasp of grammar and controlled language
- A strong writing portfolio (*Please include with your application*)
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to strictly abide by style guides and write for a specific audience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- 1-2 years of technical writing experience (in-house or agency are both okay)
- Strong understanding of IT, Telecom, and/or Consumer Appliance industries
This position may occasionally require travel within mainland China.
If you are interested in further information send your CV, cover letter, and 2 writing samples with your application.
To learn more about CSOFT, our business, vision, people, and available opportunities, please visit our website at http://www.csoftintl.com.