CSOFT International is looking for a native English speaker with strong editing skills to work with a team of translators and editors on materials for international audiences. This position is an opportunity to better understand translation and content creation, exercise your Chinese reading skills, and see firsthand how Chinese tech companies are working to expand internationally. Strong performance on this project will qualify you for further editing and writing opportunities with the CSOFT team.
The position is based in Bantian, Shenzhen.
- Edit content such as speeches, press releases, interviews, training materials, and internal corporate documents that have been translated from Chinese to English. This involves ensuring standard grammar and mechanics, cultural appropriateness, clarity, and consistency with the client’s intended message.
- Explaining your editing recommendations logically and clearly as needed.
- Respond flexibly to requests from translators and managers.
- Maintain a professional, positive, and culturally sensitive approach to tight deadlines and challenging requirements.
- Contribute to team development by sharing your experience in discussions and trainings.
- Native level proficiency in English
- Strong understanding of standard writing rules and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to English language, Journalism or Communications.
- Intermediate Chinese reading skills
- Experience related to editing, writing, translation, marketing, etc.
- Ability to research and quickly grasp the basics of unfamiliar topics
Preferred Skills/Experience (but not essential)
- Experience working in a Chinese company
- ICT industry knowledge